If there is one thing that human beings literally cannot go without in life, it is water. Access to fresh drinking water is something that the vast majority of us are privileged to have in this country, but how much do you actually take advantage of that on a daily basis? According to the experts, there is a magic number when it comes to how much water a person needs in order to be in the best health they can possibly. The next time you are thinking about ‘where is the nearest water kiosk near me’, keep these facts in mind about how much you should be drinking daily.
- The general consensus between experts in the field is that we should be aiming to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water every single day. If you don’t know what an 8 ounce glass looks like, it is essentially a full average sized drinking glass that you most likely have in your kitchen cupboard.
- This equates to around half a gallon of water, and you can easily remember it by thinking about following an ‘8 by 8’ rule.
- The recommended amount does vary slightly between the sexes. On average, women should be aiming to drink around 2.7 liters per day, whilst men need slightly more at 3.7 liters per day. This is down to the genetic makeup and average size difference between men and women.
- Your body is constantly losing water throughout the course of a day, most notably through things like sweat and urine, and in order to remain hydrated you need to be active in replenishing that water that you are continuously losing.
- There is a level of hydration that comes from eating your daily meals (approximately 20%), but the vast majority of it will come from actively drinking glasses and bottles of water in your home, at your work and in those moments in between. The times when you are out and about with no water bottle in your bag are perfect for doing a quick online search for a ‘water kiosk near me’.
- How much water you need to drink on a regular basis can vary depending on things like where you live, what kind of diet you maintain, the weather and overall climate of your environment, how active you are in general, your overall health, and whether you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s not an exact science, but if you follow the general rule of getting at least eight full glasses of water down a day, you will be on the right track for maintaining good hydration and good health.
So, when you have found the nearest ‘water kiosk near me’, now you know exactly how much you should be utilizing it to stay on top of your health. Companies like Urban Oasis are making it more and more possible to get access to clean, fresh drinking water all over the place, and the more water that is available to people, the healthier and happier we will all be going forward.