When it comes to being a forward thinking and responsible business owner, one of the things that takes up a lot of your thinking time on a daily basis is probably all of the various ways that you can keep improving the quality of experience, both for your customers, for your staff and for you as an individual. Something that all businesses need to be able to provide, if not for their customers then certainly for their workers, is access to clean drinking water, and depending on where you live this can be achieved in a variety of different ways. In most regions nowadays, water straight from the tap can be seen as a perfectly acceptable source of healthy drinking water, but there are those who still want to steer clear and look for alternatives in the form of a water vending machine. This begs the question, then, is water from vending machines actually cleaner than normal tap water?
The answer to this question isn’t a simple one, because it depends entirely on where you are and what your circumstances are.
- In the majority of states, city tap water has to be clean enough to meet federal standards of quality. This means that regardless of any kind of unusual or ‘weird’ taste, this water is always going to be medically safe and healthy for you to drink right out of the faucet compared to any other drinking water store.
- The key difference between tap water and a water vending machine is that companies take this water and run it through a filtration system to remove chemicals like chlorine, and this works to improve the taste of the water whilst keeping it equally as safe and healthy.
- Vended water is much cheaper by the gallon than individually bottled water, but at the same time it is more expensive than getting water directly from the tap.
- Ultimately, if you live in an area with traditionally unsafe tap water, then water from a vending machine is always going to be regarded as the better option for your wellbeing.
- Alternatively, if the tap water in your town is of a good standard to start with, vending machine water might not be any ‘cleaner’, but it will have the benefit of being more filtered with things like chlorine removed. This comes down not to a matter of health and safety, but purely a matter of preferring one taste over another. If you have the opinion to use either method and want the water that you drink to taste as pure and filtered as possible, then opting for the water vending machine product is always going to provide that more filtered drinking experience.
So, if you want to learn more about this subject and explore your own drinking water store options, then heading over to the Urban Oasis website is a great place to start. The safer and healthier the water is where you work, the happier everybody involved in the business is going to be.